Virginia Trujillo is an inspiration and a real joy and I am truly honored to be her friend and a fan of hers. I am sharing below an open letter that she has written to Senator McCain regarding Republicans blocking the United States Government again in taking necessary steps to save the economy from falling into the ‘fiscal cliff’. You Go Girl!
Here’s the letter unedited – - -
Dear Senator McCain;
It is with real concern that I write this letter. I have been hearing all the talks regarding the “Fiscal Cliff” and I am wondering what the problem is with the Senate. It seems to me that a few things need to happen right away and they are not that difficult. The problem lies within the Republican factions in the Senate that are apparently still working for lobbyist rather than for their constituents. I say this, because the Republicans lost the election. This means that there was rejection to the plans that were put forth by the Romney/Ryan team and the people were overall more in agreement with the Obama/Biden plan. So, why are we still getting those same arguments from the Republican senate? Why are we still having these problems with a stalled government?
To hear Senators actually use the term “Hold the Debt Ceiling Hostage” is, in my estimation, an act of domestic terrorism on the people of the United States. How long do think this can go on without having serious repercussions to the country and also to the Republican party?
Senator, I ask that you not be part of yet another attempt to block and blame in the government. The top 20% of our citizens should NOT control 80% of all the wealth. Corporations are NOT people. Corporations don’t have families to feed and bills to pay. In actuality Corporations feed off of American families.
If you consider the wealth distribution as a pie chart, it’s easy to see that when you have 80% of the population trying to share only 20% of the pie there just isn’t enough to go around. The other highlight of that equation is that no amount of hard work on the part of the 80% will increase the 20% of the pie that they are trying to share. It just doesn’t work that way. Trickle down economics is a complete sham and has been used to dupe the American public for far too many years.
If Congressmen on the hill are stumped for solutions here are a few suggestions.
1. Raise the debt ceiling. (Disaster avoided)
2. Reduce the Defense budget. (Foreign, not Domestic)
3. Let the Bush tax cuts for the top 2% expire.
4. Continue tax cuts for the middle class.
5. Change social security eligibility age to 67.
6. End the entitlements for retired members of Congress. I see no reason why a 2 to 8 year stint by anyone as a representative or senator should be glorified with a continuous hefty paycheck at the expense of the American public for the rest of that persons life.
If we are to look at the government as a business, which is what Republicans like to do, then it doesn’t make good economic sense for us to continue to carry that financial burden when we are fiscally in the red. The country can’t afford it.
Please consider these factors when you next go to the Senate floor. I believe America is waking up to some of the shenanigans that have been going on up on that hill. Things really have got to change. It is not going to serve the Republican party well to continue to block measures to balance the budget. There is no way to balance the budget without redistributing a portion of the wealth back down to the people. It just can’t happen any other way. Taking away more of 20% of a pie that 80% of the public is trying to share right now would result in disaster. If you’re looking for a breakdown of our society, that would certainly be the way to get it.
I wish you and your family the happiest of holidays.
Virginia M. Trujillo
That Is All!
Checkout the KREDibility of Szebastian Onne, now with top 1% worldwide#KRED
Disclaimer: If you are offended by the contents of this blog, you really need to find some ways to improve your sense of humor and until then you must not log on to any website without a mature adult with GSOH (Good Sense of Humor), Capish?
Most Favorite Post This month
the rant goes on
- Inspector Shagun | Corporate Responsibility
- Gun Control via Liberal Bias
- Startups & Leadership – Part II
- Startups & Leadership – Part I
- Support Peter’s Fundraiser | Charity
- Breasts/Penises have a | Liberal Bias
- Parody News | Chill killed Szebastian
- U. S. Politics | Virginia’s Open Letter
- U. S. Politics | 4 More Years
- U. S. Politics | Complete the phrase
- Politics | USA | Flip Flopney, Flips again
- Politics | the republican ‘FRIENDS’
- Politics | My Stand on Pro-Life
- Politics | USA | Obama Versus Romney
- Rights | Cancer is NOT funny
- Culture | Our World post 9/11
- Friends | NYC – Jake is coming BACK!
- Rights | Conception via Rape | Paul Ryan
- Model | Justin Weller | Village Cinemas
- SoMe | ‘Fan’dom | Social Media Wannabe
- Entertainment | Big Brother Australia 2012
- SoMe | Influence | Klout faux pas
- SoMe | Branding | Social Media Branded
- Charity | Stevie T | Homelessness
- 30 Postcard Project | Kevin Richberg
- Photography | Model – Snappy
- Photography | Exclusive Exhibition Invite
- Brands | Marry a loyal brand
- Recipes | Baingan Bharta | Veg
- Style | Fashion for Lean Men
- Fitness | Fighting The Enemy # 1
- Celebrity | She knew it … we didn’t!
- Humor | She came too close
- Photography | the Blond – Gavy
- the 3some | Camera, aussieBum™ & Me!
- Art | Chalk Art
Meet Kevin Richberg
Word By Word3S1 Incorporated 3S1Inc.com Amy Winehouse AussieBum Australia Barack Obama Blog Breast Bullying Business Cancer Democrats Determination Dreamaniac.com Equal Love Facebook Family Fashion Gay Goals Google+ GregStevens Health Human Rights Leadership Legitimate Rape Male Model Michelle Obama Mitt Romney New York New York City Obama Paul Ryan Photography Rape Social media Social network Szebastian Szebastian.com Szebastian Onne Todd Akin Twitter United States Weakness Youth
Meet Greg Stevens